• Spain

Travel information about Spainspain travel information

Spain is the largest country of the Iberic half-island, and besides of the mainland, the island groups of the Canaries and Balearics as well as the cities Ceuta and Melilla belong to this country. Thanks to its multifaceted landscapes, Spain has been one of the most popular destinations of Europe for years. Before you’re heading out on your adventure with us, we would like to provide you with some basic knowledge on the country you’re travelling to and answer the questions we are asked most often.

Travel information about Spainspain travel information

Spain is the largest country of the Iberic half-island, and besides of the mainland, the island groups of the Canaries and Balearics as well as the cities Ceuta and Melilla belong to this country. Thanks to its multifaceted landscapes, Spain has been one of the most popular destinations of Europe for years. Before you’re heading out on your adventure with us, we would like to provide you with some basic knowledge on the country you’re travelling to and answer the questions we are asked most often.

What do I need to enter Spain?

To enter Spain as an EU citizen, a passport or identity card that is valid for the duration of your trip at least is required, preliminary documents and children's passports are also accepted. Conveniently, no visa is needed.

Which vaccinations do I need to be allowed to enter Spain?

If you enter Spain directly from Germany, no compulsory vaccinations are required. Still, we recommend that you check whether all standard vaccinations according to the vaccination calendar of the Robert Koch Institute are still valid and refresh them if necessary. We also recommend consulting a travel or tropical medicine specialist.

Which currency is being used in Spain? When and where can I exchange my money?

The country's currency is Euro (EUR), which is why you do not need to exchange your money if you're travelling to Spain from another EU-country. Additionally, you can often pay by credit card.

Is there a time difference between Spain and Germany?

There is no time difference between Spain and Germany.

Which language is Spain's official language? What else do I need to know about Spain?

The official language is Spanish and the country’s capital is Madrid.

In closed public places, smoking is generally prohibited. This also applies to health centers and playgrounds as well as their outdoor locations.

What is the climate in Spain like and when is the best time to travel through Spain on a motorbike?

The climate of Spain varies heavily between the different areas, therefore the best travel time also varies a lot. Andalusia is mostly visited in summer, which is mainly contributable to its connection to the coast. However, it can become really hot in the summer and therefore the pre-season and post-season are also great travel times, especially if you are planning on doing lots of sports. Another benefit of travelling at this time are the lower tourist numbers, which lead to the touristic activities being less crowded. Additionally, southern Spain makes for a great winter escape, which is why we especially recommend joining one of our enduro tours between December and March to prolong your motorcycling season!

How can I travel to Spain the easiest?

To enter the country, it is necessary to be able to show the ID card or passport of each passenger. If you are planning on entering the country by car, EU-citizens also need the insurance certificate as well as a proof of payment from your insurance. Even though most roads can be used for free, sometimes tolls do arise. These tolls can normally be paid for in cash or by credit card. Another good way to travel to Spain is by plane. The airports with the most international connections are Madrid (MAD) and Barcelona (BCN), however the ones closest to La Herradura, where our tours start, are Granada (GRX) and Málaga (AGP). From these airports, you can get to your final destination by train or bus for example. You can further information on how to travel to Spain on the website of the Spanish tourism association.

If you want to travel with your pet, it is generally important to mention that muzzles are obligatory in some regions of Spain, that not all apartments and especially not many restaurants accepts animals and that the local municipalities regulate when and where animals may be taken. However, there are more regulations that are specific to the country you are entering Spain from and to the type of pet. Thus, please do some research regarding your specific case beforehand.

How can I book a motorbike tour through Spain and which dates are available?

You can find all of our tour dates on our tour site. If none of our proposed dates match your needs however, simply fill out our contact form or shoot us an e-mail telling us how many riders you will be travelling with, what level you are riding at und when you would like to travel and we will be more than happy to send you an individual offer after checking our current availabilities! If you would like to book further ammenities such as a couple of extra days to go swimming or to explore the country on your own, just let us know - the more information we receive, the better and quicker we can organize your next motorbike tour for you and the earlier you can lay back and relax, looking forward to travelling to Spain!

How can I pay for my tour?

After your booking, you can pay for your tour via bank transfer, the information that you need to do so will be mentioned on your invoice. An initial deposit payment amounting to 20% of the total tour price must be paid immediately after receiving the invoice, the rest of the payment is due 30 days before your scheduled departure. Exceptions can be made if flight bookings have to be paid in total in advance, which depends on the chosen flight and airline.

Can I book a motorbike tour through Spain as a beginner?

Just because you are new to riding motorbikes, it doesn't mean that you cannot book one of our motorbike tours! Simply let us know your level of riding and we will do our best to match you with other riders that are on the same page as you are so that you do not have to worry about the trails being too tough (or too easy, for that matter)! After all, Spain has got many enduro and travel enduro trails for beginners, intermediate riders and experts which we would love to show you!

How old do I have to be to participate in one of the tours? Do I need a driver's license?

To be able to join our enduro tours by riding your motorbike through Spain, you must be at least 18 years old. Furthermore, you need a valid motorcycle license. An international license is not required.

If you'd like to join our tour as a non-rider, however, there is no minimium age, as long as children and teenagers under the age of 18 are accompanied by a legal representative. After all, Istria is the perfect base for a family get-away anyways!

Can I rent a motorbike for the duration of the tour?

Yes, on all of our enduro tours, you can rent an enduro against a small surcharge! Usually, we use the 230 cc Honda CRF models.

Can I rent a motorbike without booking a tour?

Unfortunately, right now it is not possible to rent an enduro bike without booking one of our tours.

I would like to participate in the tour with my own motorbike - what do I need to consider?

If you would like to, of course you can also ride the tour on your own motorbike. To do so, your motorbike should be legally registered, in a generally good state and equipped with proper enduro tires. If you are not sure whether or not your bike is suitable to ride the tour, write us an e-mail, call us or text us on WhatsApp, Facebook or Instagram and we will be happy to assist you!

What happens if my motorbike breaks down during our tour?

If a part of your motorbike breaks during our tour, our guide will try to fix it for you. Should this not be possible on our way, we will try to provide you with a replacement enduro so that you can continue your tour as if nothing had happened. Please consider that if you've not booked one of our rental enduros before, we will have to charge you with the additional rental amount.

What kind of safety gear do I need to wear during the tour? Can I rent it?

For your own safety, we require you to wear a helmet, knee and elbow pads, a chest guard, gloves, a motorcycle jacket or jersey, goggles and durable motorcycle boots while riding. Unfortunately, as of right now, you cannot rent the protectional gear from us but have to bring your own.

What should I bring in addition to my safety gear?

Besides of the safety gear mentioned above, we recommend bringing the following items to your motorbike tour:

  • A hydration pack or a normal, small backpack (incl. a rain cover)
  • A rain coat that can also be worn while riding your motorbike
  • Leisure clothing: t-shirts, hoodies, shorts, jeans, comfortable shoes, swimwear, underwear, socks
  • Towels, cosmetic products and personal hygiene products
  • Personal medicine as well as a first-aid kit
  • Sunscreen and sunglasses
  • Passport, visa (if needed), driver's license, your wallet

I would like to add some additional days to my tour, would that be possible?

Spain is a beautiful country that surely has a lot more to offer than we can cover in just a couple of days of riding. Thus, we would be more than happy to assist you in booking some additional nights, whether you would just like to spend some more days at the beach or you would like to enjoy some more action with one of our guides!

Which hotels will we stay in during our tour through Spain?

During our tour, we will stay in a good local guesthouse that we have only had positive experiences with so far.

Which insurances should I conclude before my trip to Spain?

We advice you, as for any trip, to conclude a travel health insurance before your tour. It is highly suggested to take your European health insurance card with you, as otherwise you would have to pay for all arising medical costs yourself.

What happens if the weather gets bad during my tour?

Riding motorbikes is an outdoor sport, which is why the weather is always a risk factor. Should the weather be bad, our guides will determine whether they think that we can ride the tour anyways or not and if any changes to the routing must be made so that you can enjoy a safe adventure. Should our guides decide that going for a ride is too dangerous given the current situation, we will cover the kilometers in our support vehicle and try to adhere to the rest of the program as good as possible.

What happens if I cannot participate in the motorbike tour I booked?

You can find all information regarding the cancellation of your booking in our terms and conditions.

What else should I consider?

Now, that you have got a general overview of what to expect on your trip to Spain, you can take a look at the website of the government of the UK on travel advice for Spain to get even more information. We at Viaduro care for your safety, and therefore we would like to provide you with some information that enables you to travel safely. However, we can always only assume which information is important to the average traveler, so you might as well look for more information regarding your specific needs elsewhere (for example but not exclusively on the site of the German ministry of foreign affairs). Although we are regularly updating this information, it might also happen that not everything is up to date as frequent changes can always take place, thus, all information provided is not legally binding.

One last advice, please always make sure to listen to our guides! We can guarantee you that the only thing they want you to do - except having fun of course - is to be safe, and they are the ones that know this country best and that have the best overview of the ongoing situation. With that being said, you are now ready to read through the actual travel information. Enjoy your trip!

- Last update: 17.11.20 -

     Follow us on ...

facebook instagram twitter

Reservation Hotline

whatsapp Call Viaduro

For reservations and any
questions, contact us at
+49 2248 9150609

Stay up to date

Please enable the javascript to submit this form